Lake of the Ozarks Water Safety Council Mission Statement
The Water Safety Council Of Lake Of the Ozarks is a not-for-profit public service organization formed to:
- Promote boating and water safety at the Lake Of The Ozarks.
- Serve as a local (or regional) source for boating and water safety information for the general public.
- Encourage cooperation, networking, and communication between the member agencies of the council as well as other organizations.
The Lake of the Ozarks Water Safety Council was formed in 2007 with the mission of promoting water safety here at Lake of the Ozarks. Specifically, we promote wearing life jackets and designating captains while recreating on the Lake of the Ozarks.
We are fortunate to have representation on our Council from the local area Chambers of Commerce, Missouri State Highway Patrol-Water Division, Camden County Health Department, U.S. Coast Guard, Ameren Missouri, and often times are joined by members of our local media outlets, businesses and various interested citizens. Our mission of promoting water safety has truly benefitted from the relationships formed on this Council.
Our mission is simple: We want to keep our Lake safe. We want everyone to wear life jackets, designate a captain, and come and enjoy the Lake and all it has to offer in the safest manner possible. The safety on our Lake is imperative to our residents and to our visitors. We want our visitors to be able to share their happy, positive experiences from their time at Lake of the Ozarks, go back home and encourage others to do the same. And in turn, this benefits our residents and businesses through the vital economic impact that is generated through tourism.
The Lake of the Ozarks Water Safety Council thanks you for your time and attention to the issue of water safety, for not only Lake of the Ozarks, but all of Missouri’s waterways.
Water Safety Seminar: June 20, 2020 - Download Flyer
Register for the Water Safety Seminar - https://www.lakeregional.com/watersafety/
A FREE event, but seating is limited. -
Continental Breakfast starting at 8:00.
- Vendors, Boating Information Classes, Free Vessel Inspections
Meet Members of the United States Coast Guard and Missouri Water Patrol - Find out what is new for 2020, How they work together on the Lake of the Ozarks.
- Listen to the story of Brian & Nathan Keese and how their loss is saving others.
- On the Water – Life Jackets Are For Everyone A personal account by Darin Keim of how a lifejacket could have saved his friend’s life.
- Lake Regional Health System If an accident occurs on the water this is what you need to know, and what you can do.
- Hazards on the water, what to look for and how to prepare, Greg Gutirrez
- Electrical Hazards on the shore and on you dock - Michael Boyd
Boat Crashes Who do you call, what to do - Boat US
Other speakers and topics to help you have a save and enjoyable outing on the water.
Seminar Location: Lodge at Port Arrowhead, 3080 Bagnell Dam Blvd, Lake Ozark, MO
8:00 am to 12:00 pm
Contact: Doug Beck, 573-216-8141or LOTOWSC@gmail.com